15 April 2008

Fire(bird)ed Up

I am fired up today for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I got this in the mail:

This is the Firebird sock from the Tsock Flock sock club. Those of you who knit will understand the qualms I feel as I see that it is knit at 9 stitches to the inch on size 0 needles. I'm still having flashbacks from the whole "Hat of Pain" episode, so I'm hoping that I can manage to make these socks without becoming a professional phlebotomist. Even though there's potential for physical injury, I'm still excited because these socks are very cool.

I'm also fired up because I spent 2 hours outside reading today. I'll admit that I had on several layers and Daughters fleece throw at the time, but being able to sit outside without gloves or a hat is pretty darned exciting to me right now. On the down side, I'm pretty sure I've got a sunburn, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to have some actual vitamin D production happening. I'm not the only one who was taking advantage of the upturn in temperatures either.

That would be Son reading The Stand (not doing homework) and daughter doing homework. For the record, it's only 60 F out there, so I think the T-shirts are a little too optimistic.

2 comments:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

I remember the hat of pain. Not a good scene at all. I routinely use size 0 DPNs for socks and have not injured myself yet. Yet being the key word here.

Although there was an episode with a 2.25 mm DPN a long time ago that involved blood. Don't ask.

MadMad said...

I saw a little girl picking up her brother at school yesterday in a bathing suit, so short sleeves don't seem that awful to me. I think we're all just ready for the warm weather, is all.

And, um, that sock? Good luck to ya' hon.