14 July 2009

They'll Fit, Really

** Knitting Content **

I'm in the midst of making a pair of socks. I'm making them for a man, which in and of itself is a challenge. They don't really make yarn in "man" colors. I looked all over the internet to try and find something that a man would be willing to put on his feet. I finally settled on Socks that Rock in Shadow. The next hurdle is that all I know is the shoe size of the intended recipient. I don't have easy access to the feet in question, so I have to guess on number of stitches and such. Here's what I've got:


Sadly, that is my foot, and it fits me just fine. This leads me to believe that there is no way that this will be a comfortable fit for a 6 foot, 200 pound man. I may have to go back to the drawing board on these.

3 comments:

Amy said...

...or you could just keep them for yourself. I've not worked up the courage yet to make man-socks. All of the men I'm related to get scarves and hats. When you see that I've started either man-socks or a man-sweater, you'll know I've either reached knitting knirvana or lost my mind. The latter is far more likely.

Carrie said...

I suggest you get some tips from Son on his snazzy socks for men. Though removing said socks looks to be painful.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

All my man socks come from the numbers that I got from the first pair I knit for DH. It seems to work as I got good reviews from little bro and BIL from last Christmas.