23 October 2007

Mitten Knittin'

Mitten 1 is finished, mitten 2 is on the needles. I realize that they are not the most attractive mittens ever, but it's more important for them to be warm than to be fashionable.

As I sit here in front of my computer I am wondering how it is that I again find myself in the position of way too much to do, not enough time to do it. I'm just a housewife, I don't have a "job," I'm not supposed to have this kind of stress in my life. Everyone knows that housewives just sit around watching soap operas and eating bon bons, right? Why is my life not that easy? Husband is sure that I'm bored and lonely while Daughter is at school. I'd kill to be bored and lonely.

We are having a Halloween party for some neighbors on Friday and this is what my house looks like. There are boxes of decorations strewn around the living room, and it looks like Club Libby Lu puked all over Daughter's bedroom, again. There is so much cleaning to be done I'm paralyzed by the thought of doing it all. And did I mention that Husband flew off to Houston again yesterday? That means my only help is Daughter, who has a cleaning attention span of .24 seconds and Son who has roughly 13 minutes between when he gets home from school and when he leaves again for work. Someone please, please send me some house elves. I promise I'll give them socks when they're done.

2 comments:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

No sense in sending you my house elf...even if you did give him socks....he'd probably just LOSE them!

MadMad said...

I hear ya', I hear ya'. It's not easier staying home, that's for sure. You actually do more than you would if you just went to an office all day, that's for sure. I'm actually a bit miffed with a friend of mine who implied that I could chair this stupid activity at school (that got shoved my way...) because I HAD TIME that she didn't. I don't know why women do this to each other. But I'm not talking to her anymore.

Good luck with the clean up...!