29 October 2007

Time Flies When You're...

Having a Halloween Party. The party went off successfully Friday night and there were only a few casualties. This is due to Husband's diligence, not mine. The children all proceeded directly to the basement to play, and were thus out of my sphere of concern. (I was stationed in the kitchen/dining room.) Husband went down to supervise with several other husbands when it became known that Neighbor Down the Street had pulled one of the doors off of the entertainment center. It's possible that Husband was also trying to avoid being forced into playing Outburst. No one went home crying, either child or adult, so that's a successful outcome in my book. I promised several people the recipe for the Mexican Cheesecake, so here it is:

1 pound softened cream cheese
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 packages taco seasoning mix
2 cups sour cream, divided
4 oz can green chilies, drained and chopped
2/3 c salsa

Preheat oven to 350. Combine cheeses, beat till fluffy. Stir in 1 c sour cream and taco seasoning. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add chilies. Pour into 9" springform pan. Bake 35-40 min till center is firm. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Spoon remaining sour cream over cheesecake, bake 5 minutes more. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate several hours. Before serving remove sides of springform pan and top with salsa.
*note: I left the green chilies out when I made this for the party.



Knitting for Charity. I finished the mittens and facecloth for franna. I just finished washing them, and they should be ready to send out tomorrow. If I never knit with that circular needle again it will be too soon. Does this mean I've thrown it away? Are you kidding? I don't have another US3, 16" needle.




Getting Cool Stuff in the Mail. I just participated in the Knitters Tea Swap 4. My swap buddy was Ceme and I got 2 packages from her on Friday. There was lots of good stuff including some beautiful Schaefer Anne yarn. The sad part is that by my count I've only got 3 of my 5 donateable items done, so it will have to wait a bit before I can get to it. That stuff's all for me, baby.

2 comments:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Mexican cheesecake????? is that a dessert thing??? I LOVE Mexican food but a spicy cheesecake? There is something very wrong with that.

BTW it is not Angora bunnies they give with Heifer...can't be. The web site said the bunnies are also used as a meat source and Angoras being a smaller rabbit are not practical for meat. Now their fibre on the other hand......:)

MadMad said...

Glad to hear the party went well and there were no casualties (that is, if the door went back ON easily...) Also - how do you serve that cheesecake - with crackers like a spread? Or like a side dish?