02 January 2008

It's a Whole New Year

Welcome to 2008.

The nice thing about a new year is that the slate starts out absolutely blank. Anything is possible. On January 1st there is every possibility that I will go to the gym for 2 hours every day of the year. It's a complete possibility that I will eat nothing in the chocolate/potato chip families for the remainder of 2008. My children may actually clean their rooms every single day this year.
Sadly, this is January 2 and I can already rule all of those things out. It is still possible, however for me to make a couple of new years resolutions.
1. I am going to get some kind of physical exercise at least 3 times a week this year. While I predict that I may try to claim that knitting, laundry, and vacuuming are bonafide exercises, I fully expect people to hold me to doing things that cause me to break a sweat.

2. I am going to cut back on fast food this year. I have a bad habit of grabbing lunch at McD's or BK because it's fast and easy. I'm going to commit to eating fast food no more than once a week.

3. I'm going to knit something every day. It might only be one row, but I'm using my needles every day. (One should always include something that will be easy to do in one's resolutions.)

Knitting Progress Report

The Ticker Tape jacket is almost done. I've got everything sewn together and just have to weave in 700 ends and put on some buttons. I also have decided that I don't like the collar, so that will have to come off and be redone. I'm also not wild about the button bands, so there's a good chance that I'll be redoing them too. So basically the sleeves and the back are OK, everything else is iffy.




I started and finished one of the December sock gang socks. These are made out of Toasty Toes from Interlacements. They're made toe up, and I did manage to mess up part of the toe, but I'll learn to live with it. I started the second sock and discovered that the second skein has a lot less white in it, so these are going to be very fraternal twins rather than identical ones.

It's going to be one of those years, I can just feel it.

1 comment:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Long ago, I made a resolution never to make a resolution....guess what..I haven't broken that resolution yet.

Although if I was ever to start with resolutions, I think that something simple like knitting something every day is about my speed.