The first pair of socks for this year's Rockin' Sock Club is finished. I got done at around 10:15 Saturday night and wore them to church on Sunday morning.
They're certainly pretty socks, but I did end up having a problem with them. Well, one problem other than the whole "making this many bobbles makes my hands hurt and bends my size 0 needles" problem. I finished the first sock, tried it on, and found that at fit just right. I finished the second sock, tried it on and found that the cuff is a little on the snug side.
It's snug on me, but that's a photo of my foot double, Daughter, who's feet are about the same size as mine, but who's calves are more slender. It turns out that when I started the second sock I knew what I was doing and ended up knitting it more tightly than I did the first one. The thought of ripping back the entire sock to fix the problem makes me nauseous, so I'll just have to remember to put that sock on my left foot, since it's slightly smaller than the right one. If I ever use this pattern again, I'll be making the cuff on larger needles, then going down a couple of sizes for the leg and foot.
They don’t really talk to me anymore
6 hours ago