05 June 2007

Completion and Graduation



The patriotic socks are finished. Those of you who are familiar with self patterning sock yarn may think, "Oh look, she matched the patterns up so the socks would be the same." Ha! It actually happens to be a nifty coincidence. I'm sure I couldn't do it again if I tried.




As I was contemplating what to put on the needles next, my friendly neighborhood mail carrier showed up with two packages that I ordered last week. Behold the goodies.
In the box from KnitPicks I got some yarn that was needed for finishing up a project, as well as the books More Sensational Knitted Socks, and Selbuvotter. In the envelope from Fiddlesticks Knitting was the Two Lace Scarves pattern and some Zephyr wool/silk yarn in blueberry, which is a nice denim color. As much as I'm tempted to abandon all of my other UFOs in favor of this new bounty, I'm going to be good and go back to something that's already in progress.


In family news, we were all very proud of Kris on Sunday as he graduated from high school. There were several times during his school career that I honestly didn't think he was going to make it, but he proved the doubters wrong. Things went very smoothly, other than the minor issues of half the party showing up without their tickets, no plans being made to find the graduate in the seething sea of humanity after the ceremony, or the leaving of the graduate before any photos could be taken. Well done Kris, and now that you are a responsible adult, please clean your room!



No comments: