12 July 2007

Back From Vacation

We're back from our mini-vacation to Marquette (that's in Michigan, not Wisconsin for those who are thinking basketball-ly.) A lovely time was had by all, even the girl in the cast who couldn't get her arm wet. This was unfortunate as Marquette is on Lake Superior and we made several beach excursions. On the plus side, no one really swims in Lake Superior anyway, it's just too cold.


I accomplished almost no knitting while there. If I had been thinking I would have brought along a sock to put in my photos, which I understand is a very knit-bloggy thing to do, but I didn't think about it till I got home. I did do a bit of work on the Stag Bag, and this time it looks like the bag and I will be able to live harmoniously. I even broke out the calculator and figured out how to get the chevrons to work nicely in their new alignment BEFORE I got to the center panel. I would give myself a pat on the back, but fate doesn't like arrogance and slaps it down when given the chance. I will just say that I shall attempt to integrate the whole "forward thinking" thing into my knitting arsenal. I predict that it will last till approximately the end of this project.

2 comments:

KarenK said...

I can't wait to see how your Stag Bag comes out. I fell in love with that pattern, and I even have the perfect yarn *in my stash* but I refuse to do stranded knitting back and forth. So I set the pattern aside until I could do some thinking about it. Are you going to do my thinking for me? :-) What a gift.

Kathy said...

I could, but I warn you that my thinking often leads me down the road to perdition. Stay tuned to see if the whole thing works out or not.