27 July 2007

It's Over

Well, VBS is over, and I'm glad. It's a wonderful opportunity for the kids, they all have a great time, they learn some fun stuff, but man it is a lot of work. I'm only in charge of one station and I feel like I could sleep for 3 days straight. I can only imagine how our coordinator feels this evening.

Last night I worked on the Wallaby and finished it up. I made it without the trademark pocket in front, so I'm not even sure if I can call it a wallaby. Maybe it's just a cute hooded sweater now. Whatever we decide to call it, it's done and in the donate pile. As I finished it up though, I thought to myself, "This would have been cute with some black stripes in it. I have almost a full skein of green left, and I happen to have a skein of the same yarn in black. Hmmm..." I think I know what the next project for the donate pile will be.

No more news on The Bag. It's still wet, although it was moved to a room with more air circulation and put on a wire cooling rack to try to speed up the drying process. This may be that final trick that The Bag is trying to pull on me: it will be wet forever.

1 comment:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Cute Wallaby/Hoodie...or what ever you'd like to call it:) I'm sure that it will be a blessing to whomever recieves it.