24 July 2007

Soooo Tiiiiired...

It's Vacation Bible School week at our church, and I'm once again leading Chadder's Adventure Theater 5 times every morning. It only lasts from 9:00 till 12:30, and there are several times when I'm not "working" but I have to tell you that this is one of the most exhausting things I do all year. To put it into perspective, when we were in Marquette visiting my parents earlier this year I helped my father, brother and son pull down two big trees that were leaning in the wrong direction. Easy in comparison, I tell you. I had to take a nap when I got home this afternoon. There's something about keeping a large group of kids (variously aged between 5 and 11) focused on one thing for just 20 minutes that's quite fatiguing. I've always thought that teachers deserve some kind of medal at the end of the year.

Before collapsing into bed last night I did have a little time to work on The Bag. So far, so good. With luck I can get it done in a couple of more days. Of course napping cuts into the knitting time...

No comments: